Olympic Hockey Star
Say hello to Anna, most commonly known as Flanno!
At just 26 years old Anna has a rather lengthy list of achievements. She’s a seasoned hockey player who has represented Australia overseas playing 171 games and scoring 44 goals over her career.
At 21 years old Anna was awarded World Junior Player of the year, she’s also won two Commonwealth Games gold medals, a World Cup silver medal and competed in the 2012 London Olympics.
During her busy sporting career she also completed a degree in Journalism and attained personal training qualifications too.
Today Anna plays nationally and uses her love of sport as a platform to promote females in sport and encourage people to be fit and active. She has a love of public speaking and enjoys sharing her story to inspire the next generation.
Q&A with Anna
1. When did you first start playing hockey? I started when I was four years old because my whole family played. My Dad coached me growing up and I knew after watching the Sydney Olympics when I was nine that I wanted to play for Australia.
2. What’s your current training schedule like? I try to find time to exercise once a day but also believe in listening to how my body is feeling. I do a lot of HIIT training as I find my body reacts best to short sharp bursts. I also like that I can get the maximum amount out of my body in a short period of time. I do weights twice a week and mix up going for longer runs with sprint sessions depending on my training goals.
3. What are your goals for 2019?
- In 2018 I ran 2 half marathons and have set myself a goal of running a full marathon.
- I want to win another National and Premier League title with hockey
- I want to get my body to the best condition it can be in
4. What is your ultimate cheat meal? I am a sucker for baked goods - pass me the cupcakes!
5. Why do you enjoy being a Bulk Nutrients Ambassador? I love using Bulk Nutrients' products and have found that my body has improved so much since I have started using them. Everyone who works on the team is so passionate about what they do and I love the culture and drive of all the athletes and staff who really believe in what they are doing - helping people achieve their fitness goals. I am so excited to share my diet journey with Bulk Nutrients as I try become the best version of myself.