Makes 4 serves
It's our 12 Days of Christmas celebration!
It's the festive season and the weather is warming up! So what better way to treat yourself than with a decadent bowl of ice cream?
We're talking smooth coconut, zesty matcha and our Limited Edition Whey Protein Concentrate in Matcha flavour!
Sound like your kind of treat?
For those fortunate enough to win our Whey Protein Concentrate in Limited Edition Matcha flavour use this in the mixture. Otherwise you can choose your own adventure flavour-wise using our WPC in Peppermint Slice, Vanilla, Chocolate or Cookies and Cream!
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Concentrate in Limited Edition Matcha flavour
- 600ml thickened cream
- 50g coconut milk powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon pure matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Whip the thickened cream and vanilla essence until soft peaks form.
- In a different jug, stir boiling water, matcha powder and coconut milk powder until well to dissolved.
- Strain the liquid to remove any lumps of undissolved matcha powder and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand held mixer whisk the egg yolks and sugar until thick, pale and creamy.
- Carefully ladle in the a few spoons of coconut milk matcha mixture to the thickened egg yolk mix, whisking in-between each ladle.
- Add the protein powder last and stir well.
- Add the egg yolk/matcha mixture to the whipped cream mixture and carefully fold in.
- Pour into a container and place in the freezer to set.
*Optional additions: white choc chips or shredded coconut - fold these in last.
Per serve (4 serves - 100g serve)