An easy, tasty vegan smoothie to help you build lean muscle worthy of a superhero
One of the biggest challenges for my vegan clients looking to put on lean muscle mass is hitting their daily protein intake and overall calorie goals.
Animal products are often high in protein, so when these are excluded from the diet, it can be beneficial to supplement with a quality protein powder.
Here is a very simple recipe using vegan organic products, featuring Natural Earth Protein.
This smoothie packs in 90g of vegan protein to promote lean muscle growth and the bananas provide a good source of energy and promote gains!
My go-to smoothie ingredients
- 80g Vanilla Earth Protein
- 2 Frozen Organic Bananas
- 500ml Organic Almond and Coconut Milk (Nutty Bruce)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Depending on your desired macronutrient/calorie intake and taste, you may wish to decrease the volume of any of the ingredients or add some extras. A few options I like include…
- Throwing in a few ice cubes to thicken and make it more of an ice cream consistency
- Adding organic sweeteners or spices like stevia or cinnamon
- Using half of the ingredients (1 banana, 40g earth protein, 250ml milk) for a smaller meal
- Reducing the amount of almond/coconut milk and using cold water instead
|Bulk Nutrients Earth Protein||80g||296||5g||3g||66g||262g||2g||2g|
|Nutty Bruce – Organic Almond & Coconut Milk||500ml||338||32g||20g||22g||230mg||8g||2g|