For the meatballs:
- 1 scoop (25g) Bulk Nutrients Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides in Raw flavour
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 bunch of parsley - chopped
- 1 onion - finely diced
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 jar of tomato based sauce - can be homemade or store-bought
- For the meatballs: In a bowl combine mince, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce and tomato paste.
- Roll into 8 large balls and set aside
- Heat a pan with a dash of olive oil over a medium heat. Add meatballs and cook until each side is golden brown, turning on occasion.
- Once all sides are browned and meatballs are cooked through, pour over the tomato based sauce to heat through.
- Once heated, serve in four bowls and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- We served ours over cauliflower rice and topped with Parmesan cheese and extra basil leaves.
Per serve (2 large meatballs)
Energy (kJ): 1436| Protein (g): 40.3| Fat (g): 13| Carbohydrates (g): 16| Sugar (g): 1.25| Sodium (mg): 636.5
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!