Easy ice cream hit with a protein boost
It's that time of year: it's hot and humid, the fan is on full blast, and everyone is passing around ice cream or worse - a sugary, sticky ice block. All you want is an easy cool treat without compromising your calories. Well, we've got just the thing.
Whether you are making these to take to a party, or just to keep on hand for yourself, you'll be glad you planned ahead.
- 2 packets Bulk Nutrients Whey Cool in Chocolate
- 2 packets Bulk Nutrients Whey Cool in Strawberry
- 400ml milk or water
- 4 silicon cupcake cases
- Place strawberry Whey Cool in blender with 200ml of water or milk and blend until smooth.
- Place chocolate Whey Cool in blender with 200ml of water or milk and blend until smooth.
- Dollop 1 tablespoon chocolate mix into the centre of the cupcake case, repeat with the strawberry, chocolate, strawberry etc until the case is full.
- This method will push the colours out and create a zebra effect.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from cases.
- Top with choice of toppings if desired. We used cream, berries and chocolate.
- Best stored in the freezer.
What the heck is 'Whey Cool'?
We're glad you asked!
Whey Cool is Bulk Nutrients' solution to an ice cream treat.
It contains a massive 25g of protein per serve, which is way more than the less than a glass of milk some ready-made 'healthy' ice creams provide.
Once Whey Cool has been mixed it turns into about 150mls of nice cream (geddit?) - a perfect individual serve ready for scoffing!