Delicious low-calorie apricot bites
If you need a sweet snack to get you through the afternoon then these clean treat apricot logs are for you.
You get a hit of good fats from the almond butter and coconut as well as a boost in protein from naturally flavoured WPI.
Plus, with no baking needed your sweet tooth will be satisfied in a jiffy!
Ideally paired with a coffee or a Vanilla Chai Whey Hot, this treat will keep your diet on track.
- 250g dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons almond spread
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients Natural Whey Protein Isolate or regular Whey Protein Isolate in Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- *Optional: 6 squares dark chocolate and one teaspoon coconut oil – melted together
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until well combined.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon more almond spread if too dry.
- To form logs we placed our mix into silicon log shaped ice-cube trays. But you can just roll into a long log and slice to desired thickness.
- Set aside. Melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Drizzle chocolate over in artistic fashion.
- Best stored in the fridge for up to one week.