Makes 4 serves
It's our 12 Days of Christmas celebration!
It's time to get merry and boy do we have a delicious treat for you to make!
If you have an office or family party to head along to, why not impress your guests with this rich and minty Matcha Choc Mint Slice!
For those fortunate enough to win our Matcha Fusion in Limited Edition Choc Mint flavour, use this to make this recipe. Otherwise you can create this using our other flavour!
- 1 serve (5g) Bulk Nutrients Matcha Fusion in Limited Edition Choc Mint flavour
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 heaped tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 8 medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2c raw cashews - soaked overnight and drained
- 1/3 cup coconut oil - melted
- 1 can coconut cream – thick component
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter or extra coconut oil – melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, honey or alternative sweetener
- 1-2 teaspoon peppermint essence – to taste
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil - melted
- To make the base: Place dates and almond butter in a processor and blend until combined. Stir in all other base ingredients. If too wet add extra almond meal or if too dry add 1 tablespoon extra water.
- Press into a lined 8 x 8 inch baking tin.
- To make the filling: In a processor, blend cashews and coconut cream together. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add all other filling ingredients and process until combined. Add peppermint essence to taste.
- Pour over the base mix and place in the fridge overnight to set.
- To make the topping: Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. Pour over the filling evenly. As the filling is already set and likely cold, the chocolate layer should not take long to set.
- Remove from tin and carefully slice using a warm knife.
- Best stored in the fridge.
Per serve (12 slices - 80g serve)