Careers at Bulk Nutrients
Join the Bulk Nutrients team
Bulk Nutrients is Australia's one stop shop for pure, affordable nutritional supplements.
All our staff help us support our customers' health, fitness and wellbeing by making quality supplements more affordable.
We are an equal opportunity employer, value diversity and we provide meaningful employment and a sense of purpose to our staff.
If you’re passionate about health and fitness, love sports supplements or simply want to be part of an awesome team, come work with us!
Why work at Bulk Nutrients?
Bulk Nutrients is a unique place to work, and we’re willing to bet that you’ll like it here.
We foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture, offer opportunities for all employees to learn and develop their skills, and have fun while we’re at it!
You’ll love it at Bulk Nutrients
Working at Bulk Nutrients is more than just a job. It’s a career that’s both exciting and rewarding.
Here are just a few of the benefits…
- Great work/life balance with flexible work options
- Join a passionate team who love what they do (and have fun while they’re at it!)
- Exclusive discounts on Bulk Nutrients products
- Paid volunteer time
- Access to our commercial grade, onsite gym
- Learning and development opportunities to develop your career
Currently available positions at Bulk Nutrients
Below is a list of the current positions available at Bulk Nutrients.
Junior Procurement & Inventory Officer
Joining our dynamic Supply Chain team, you'll be a key contributor, reporting directly to both the Supply Chain Manager and the Digital Transformation Leader.
This role is permanent full time and based onsite at our facility in Grove.
Your primary responsibilities, under the mentorship of the Supply Chain Manager, will encompass:
- Overseeing procurement of packaging and other consumables, ensuring we uphold quality standards and adhere to the Food Standards code.
- Championing sustainability initiatives, particularly around packaging, to align with the APCO 2025 guidelines.
- Vigilantly monitoring stock levels and proactively sourcing products that are running low.
- Deal directly with packaging suppliers to order, following up on send and receival dates, to ensure packaging arrives in a timely manner and with agreed lead times
- Aligning stock replenishment with our evolving business needs.
- Leveraging variables like order cycles, volume of combined orders and lead times to drive efficiency, cost reduction and optimum business results.
- Proof all packaging before printing, liaising with graphic designer to facilitate updates.
This isn't just about procurement. This position promises avenues for broader personal development. There are opportunities for overseas travel to packaging expos or to meet suppliers. We envision the right candidate having a flair for continuous improvement and a genuine interest in digital transformation endeavours. You will have opportunities to enhance your skills and expand your knowledge.
Your Skills & Experience
- Strong character, equipped to handle negotiations with suppliers.
- Sharp analytical, numeracy, and problem-solving abilities.
- With support, the ability to maximise quality while optimising pricing
- Comprehensive understanding of crucial inventory principles in a manufacturing setting.
- Stellar planning, organisation, and communication skills.
- Consistent reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to juggle tasks and prioritise as per the organisation's requirements.
- Proficiency in computer operations, especially Microsoft Excel, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Familiarity with Food Standards concerning packaging will be a valuable addition.
- Valid licence to perform high risk work – forklift truck or willingness to obtain such licence.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Uphold packaging quality. Ensure artwork accuracy and compliance with Food Standards.
- Document packaging specifications.
- Help drive our packaging sustainability agenda, targeting APCO 2025 benchmarks.
- Scout for new suppliers to bolster our market competitiveness.
- Manage inventory procurement tasks including quotation retrieval, purchase order generation, order tracking, and goods receipt.
- Steer stock replenishment strategies, overseeing metrics like re-order points, order quantities, and lead times.
- Ensuring no out of stocks.
- Conduct manual stock counts monthly or when needed.
- Support warehouse operations (deliveries) as required to cover leave/illness.
Rewarding your expertise
Salary commensurate with experience, (range starting at 60k per year + Superannuation), with an additional 6 monthly company profit share.
Bulk Nutrients is a vibrant and exciting place to work, join us and be part of the Australian sports and supplements industry. We're an active group and encourage fit and healthy lifestyles for our staff.
Free access to onsite commercial gym, $250 per year subsidy for sporting club fees, donate blood in work time.
Grove is just over 20 minutes south of the Hobart CBD.