A blissful berry slice
There's nothing quite like a berry slice to satisfy your appetite particularly during the afternoon slump, and at 145 calories a serve it won't break the calorie bank either!
This colourful sweet treat combines fresh berries, coconut and whey protein for the ultimate clean indulgence.
The striking pink exterior makes it a perfect addition to a girl's birthday party, hens party, bridal shower or morning tea.
For the Base
- 1 pack of Vanilla Bulk Nutrients Quick Protein Pancakes
- 3-5 Tbsp Liquid of choice (such as water, almond milk, coconut milk/oil or honey)
- 50g desiccated coconut
For the Filling
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 150 fresh strawberries
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 50g shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3scoops (90g) Bulk Nutrients Strawberry WPI/WPC *
For the Top
- 1 can of coconut cream – chilled (do not shake)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp honey
- Pink/red colouring (can omit)
- Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Combine your base ingredients. Start with 3 Tbsp of liquid, then begin adding in approximately ½ Tbsp at a time until you reach a base mix consistency. This should be dough like, workable but not crumbly. Press into your lined tin. Tip: damp hands work well here to prevent sticking.
- For the Filling, add all ingredients to a mini food processor and blend well. Spread over your base mix and tap lightly on the bench to flatten and remove air bubbles. Set aside. **
- For the topping, scrape out the thick top part of your coconut cream. Avoid the clear liquid at the bottom. Stir in your other ingredients, leaving just the food colouring. Pour over your filling, reserving about 2 Tbsp, and tip the tin to the sides to spread evenly into all corners.
- With the remaining topping, add in a few drops of colour, and splatter this over the slice surface. Using the end of a sharp knife, or fork, swirl the coloured drops into the white topping to create a swirl-like effect. Note: This entire step can be removed if you would prefer to keep topping pure white.
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hrs to set, but you get better results if you leave to set overnight. Thaw slightly before cutting and enjoying.
*Any of our protein products or flavour can be swapped to suit your needs and tastes.
**You can also add coconut cream or additional coconut oil to the filling. You can then choose to set in the fridge rather than freeze if you prefer.