For the filling:
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 500g lean beef or lamb mince
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup tomato paste or pesto
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: diced vegetables
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Bulk Nutrients MCT Oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons water
For the topping:
- Cottage cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat pan to a medium-high heat.
- To make the filling: Saute onion and garlic with oil until onion is soft. Add beef and continue cooking before adding oregano, salt, pepper and tomato paste.
- Add the water last. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- To make the crust: Place the dough ingredients in a food processor and blend until it comes together.
- Line a 20-25 inch spring foam pan with baking paper.
- Spread the dough using a spatula or damp hands along the base and up the sides. Ensure this is spread evenly.
- Place raw rice or something heavy on the base of the dough and bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the mince mixture into the crust.
- To make the topping: Combine the cottage cheese and shredded cheese and layer on-top of the pie filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Best served while hot or stored in the fridge covered for up to three days. Can be frozen for up to three months.
Per serve (150g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1450/991 | Protein (g): 25.6/17.5 | Fat (g): 24.8/17 | Saturated Fat (g): 11.6/7.9 | Carbohydrates (g): 4.9/3.3 | Sugar (g): 2.7/1.9 | Sodium (mg): 67/46