Try these nutrient dense cookies!
Hemp seeds have only recently been released for human consumption in Australia and we're loving their many uses in cooking!
Hemp is nutrient dense being high in protein, omega fatty acid, fibre and a range of minerals for overall health and well-being.
Not just that, it tastes great blended with chocolate!
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients Natural Hemp Protein
- 75g oats
- 50g hazelnut or almond meal
- 40g cocoa
- 40g coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 40g dark chocolate – chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or organic butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Blitz oats to a fine, but not total powder consistency.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir and make a well in the centre.
- Pour all wet ingredients into the well.
- Stir until well combined.
- Line two baking trays. Take one tablespoon of mix at a time and shape into cookies on the trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before moving to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.