Here's a nutrient dense pizza base for you!
It may be loaded with cheese and sauce, but at least the base is healthy, right?
If you're after a creative way to use your Hemp Protein, this crisp and tasty pizza base is for you.
Prepare it in no time and load it with clean or dirty toppings of your choice!
Ingredients for Pizza Base
- 1 cup Bulk Nutrients Hemp Protein
- 1 cup whole meal plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Dash of honey or rice malt syrup
- In a bowl mix warm water and honey. Add yeast and leave it for five minutes to ferment.
- Combine Hemp Protein, flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Slowly add the yeast mix and work into the flour to make a dough. You may or may not use all of the liquid. If you require more, just add some more plain water.
- Knead on a floured surface to work the dough. Once it comes together, place in a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Place in a warm space for a minimum of 30 minutes to rise.
- Remove from bowl, and divide into two pieces.
- Take the first piece and roll out on a floured surface.
- Place on a pizza board and start adding toppings!
- Once toppings have been added, bake in 180-degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
Top tips for creating dough
- When placing into your bowl for rising, drizzle the bowl with olive oil. It makes it easy to get the dough out after!
- We pre-heated our over on 100 degrees for five minutes and then turned it off. Then when you’re ready to put the dough in a warm space for rising, this is the perfect place.
- To prevent the base sticking from to your pizza board during cooking, sprinkle with some raw polenta.
Pizza topping ideas
- Pesto: Basil pesto sauce (for base), olives, sun-dried tomato, red and/or green capsicum, mushroom, salmon or chicken and tasty cheese.
- Vegetarian: Tomato based sauce, roasted pumpkin, red onion, mushroom, olives, sun-dried tomato, capsicum and tasty cheese.
- BBQ: Tomato based sauce and BBQ sauce, cooked shredded chicken, red onion, mushroom, capsicum and tasty cheese.
- Margherita: Tomato based sauce, sliced tomato, mozzarella, red onion and basil leaves.
*Nutritional values for pizza base only, excludes toppings.