Sweet heart shaped bikkies for your Valentine
These have to be one of the cutest treats out there, heart shaped biscuits filled with a pink raspberry filling. They’re too cute to be true.
Make these for your valentine, a themed party or yourself (hey there’s nothing better than loving yourself, right?)
They’re also very macro friendly at just over 100 calories each with 6g of protein
For the Biscuits
- 3 Tbsp (30g) Almond Meal
- 2 Tbsp (20g) Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch salt
- ½ Tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or organic butter melted
For the filling
- 1 Tbsp Raspberries mashed
- 2 Tbsp Smooth low fat Ricotta
- 15g Bulk Nutrients Strawberry WPI / WPC protein powder *
- Set your oven to 180°c and line a baking tray.
- In a bowl combine your dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add your wet ingredients and incorporate into a dough.
- Between two sheets of baking paper, roll the dough out to about 1/2cm thickness. Using a cookie cutter, or free cut with a sharp knife cut out your heart shapes. Transfer to your baking tray. Re-roll off cuts and continue to cut out until no dough is left.
- Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes until turning golden on the edges. Remove and allow to cool slightly before moving a wire rack. Cool completely before adding in your filling.
- Make your filling. Whip your ricotta until thick and creamy and carefully whip in your protein powder and mashed raspberries.
- Spread over you biscuit and top with another of the same size.
- Enjoy, and best to store leftovers in the fridge!
*you can choose for another flavour if you like, vanilla works great.