A nutty morning snack!
Avoid the cookie jar with this tasty, protein-packed snack!
If you love bananas and you love nuts, then we can guarantee you'll fall in love with these Nutty Banana Cupcakes.
Loaded with healthy fats and protein from nuts, these bite sized snacks also include a bunch of spices resulting in a flavour explosion!
For the cupcakes:
- 1 packet (60g) Bulk Nutrients Quick Protein Oats or 1.5 packets Bulk Nutrients Mug Cakes in Creamy Banana
- 50g flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 small banana – mashed
- 1 tablespoon butter – melted
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter – we used Pic’s PB
*Optional – for the icing:
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil – melted
- 1/2 tablespoon milk of choice
- To make the cupcakes: Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place milk and butter in a mug and melt in the microwave. Stir in peanut butter, banana and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide mix between six cupcake cases.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool sightly before moving to a wire rack.
- To make the icing: Place all icing ingredients in a bowl and mix until a spreadable consistency.
- Spread over cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with excess cinnamon.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
*Macros do not include optional icing.