A peanutty oat slice for sustained energy
This is the perfect meal prep snack recipe that you can have pre-workout or with a cup of tea that the kids will also love.
These peanut butter oat bars are a much healthier and tastier choice than store-bought muesli bars but aren't at all difficult to make.
The combination of good fats from the peanut butter and the dietary fibre and mineral properties of rolled oats gives your body clean energy and will have your taste buds tingling too.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled whole oats
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Set oven to 180 degrees. Place chia seeds and oats on to a lined tray and bake until oats are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, line a brownie tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine honey, coconut oil and peanut butter in a pot over a low heat or in the microwave.
- Add baked oats and chia seeds and mix well.
- Press firmly in to a lined tin.
- Place in the fridge to set, for a minimum of two hours.
- Slice with a sharp knife. Store in the fridge.
Options: Try adding quinoa instead of chia seeds or add some extra chopped nuts or pepitas.