Cheesy Keto Meat Pie
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 8 servesCalories: 354Difficulty Level: ModeratePreparation time: 30 minutesCook time: 75 minutesTotal time: 105 minutes
For the filling:
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 500g lean beef or lamb mince
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup tomato paste or pesto
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: diced vegetables
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons MCT Oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons water
For the topping:
- Cottage cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
To make the filling:
- Saute onion and garlic with oil until onion is soft. Add beef and continue cooking before adding oregano, salt, pepper and tomato paste.
- Add the water last. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
To make the crust:
- Place the dough ingredients in a food processor and blend until it comes together.
- Line a 20-25 inch spring foam pan with baking paper.
- Spread the dough using a spatula or damp hands along the base and up the sides. Ensure this is spread evenly.
- Place raw rice or something heavy on the base of the dough and bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the mince mixture into the crust.
To make the topping:
- Combine the cottage cheese and shredded cheese and layer on-top of the pie filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Best served while hot or stored in the fridge covered for up to three days. Can be frozen for up to three months.