High Protein Apple Blackberry Slice
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: Serves 16Calories: 285Difficulty Level: ModeratePreparation time: 30 minutesCook time: 30 minutesTotal time: 60 minutes
For the base:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 75g coconut oil - melted
- 85g butter - melted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
For the filling:
- 4 granny smith apples - peeled and diced
- 1 cup blackberries - we used frozen blackberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the crumble:
- 1 sachet Bulk Nutrients Quick Protein Oats in Brown Sugar Cinnamon flavour
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 90g butter - softened
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line an 8 x 8inch brownie tin with baking paper.
To make the base:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Press into the lined brownie tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
To make the filling:
- While cooking the base, pan fry the apples with 1-2 tablespoons of water, cinnamon and honey.
- Once softened add the blackberries and continue to stir until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the crumble topping:
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and work the butter into the mix using your fingertips until the mixture is fine and crumbly.
- Once the base is cooked remove from the oven. Pour the apple and blackberry mixture on top, followed by the crumble topping.
- Gently press the top of the mixture down.
- Place back into the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the top has turned golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Best served warm.
Offering great value, Bulk Nutrients' Quick Protein Oats Bulk Packs will make sure there's enough for everyone.
The perfect breakfast option, our Quick Protein Oats Multi Pack offer an easy (but still nutritious) way to start your day.