High Protein Apple Blackberry Slice
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: Serves 16Preparation time: 30 minutesCook time: 30 minutesTotal time: 60 minutes
For the base:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 75g coconut oil - melted
- 85g butter - melted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
For the filling:
- 4 granny smith apples - peeled and diced
- 1 cup blackberries - we used frozen blackberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the crumble:
- 1 sachet Bulk Nutrients Quick Protein Oats in Brown Sugar Cinnamon flavour
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 90g butter - softened
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line an 8 x 8inch brownie tin with baking paper.
To make the base:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Press into the lined brownie tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
To make the filling:
- While cooking the base, pan fry the apples with 1-2 tablespoons of water, cinnamon and honey.
- Once softened add the blackberries and continue to stir until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the crumble topping:
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and work the butter into the mix using your fingertips until the mixture is fine and crumbly.
- Once the base is cooked remove from the oven. Pour the apple and blackberry mixture on top, followed by the crumble topping.
- Gently press the top of the mixture down.
- Place back into the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the top has turned golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Best served warm.