Peanut Butter and Oat Slice
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 10 slicesPreparation time: 10 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled whole oats
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of zero/low-calorie sweetener
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Set oven to 180 degrees. Place chia seeds and oats on to a lined tray and bake until oats are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, line a brownie tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine honey, coconut oil and peanut butter in a pot over a low heat or in the microwave.
- Add baked oats and chia seeds and mix well.
- Press firmly in to a lined tin.
- Place in the fridge to set, for a minimum of two hours.
- Slice with a sharp knife. Store in the fridge.
Options: Try adding quinoa instead of chia seeds or add some extra chopped nuts or pepitas.