Vegan Chocolate Hemp Bites
Posted by Bulk Nutrients in Recipes
Makes: Serves 10Preparation time: 25 minutesCook time: 0 minutesTotal time: 25 minutes
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons Bulk Nutrients Hemp Protein in Raw
- 2 tablepsoons Bulk Nutrients Earth Protein in Vanilla flavour
- ¾ cup hemp hearts
- 7 soft pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
To make the filling:
- Line a medium sized container with baking paper.
- Place all filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the container and flatten, pressing it down evenly.
- Freeze for one hour or until firm to touch.
To make the chocolate glaze:
- Melt the chocolate, coconut oil, and salt together (double boiler method or microwave).
- Remove the filling from the freezer.
- Transfer the set filling onto a cutting board.
- Trim any uneven edges and cut into the desired sized pieces.
- Dip each shape into the melted chocolate to coat.
- Set on a tray to set.
- Pop the covered treats back in the freezer to set and enjoy!
Our most popular plant based protein, Earth Protein is a great alternative to whey based proteins and is available in five great flavours.