Want to try a different flavour of Protein Balls this week? Why not make our Rocky Road Protein Balls, they taste too good to be true!
The secret is sugar-free Jols and marshmallows to make the authentic rocky road flavour experience.
The peanut butter makes for a more rocky road flavour but can be omitted if there is an allergy.
If your kids don't like protein balls, they will now! They're ideal as a lunchbox filler or a treat pre workout.
- 1x sachet of Bulk NutrientsMug Cake– Choc Cherry works best
- 10 x sugar free marshmallows
- 23g box Jols Forest Berry sugar free lollies
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or essence
- 1 cup whole or quick oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup cashews or peanuts chopped
- 70g dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter (can omit)
- Water or milk as needed (we added about 2 Tbsp)
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- Melt your chocolate, nut butter and coconut oil together.
- Make a well in the middle of your mix and add all your wet ingredients. Stir well and add in 1-2 tsp of water at a time if the mix is a bit dry.
- Roll into desired sized protein balls. Your mix should make about 16 x 1-1 ½ Tbsp sized balls. Roll through desiccated coconut.
- Drizzle with additional chocolate if you like. Best stored in the fridge.