A breakfast recipe you won’t want to forget
Our Ultimate Breakfast Burrito is a toastie with all the trimmings.
Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, smooth ricotta, homemade baked beans, creamy avo…are you drooling yet? We sure are.
If you need a tasty change to your mornings, this could be just the solution.
You can adjust the add-ins to suit your macros but together it’s an epic party for your taste buds.
We can pretty much guarantee it’ll keep you satisfied all morning.
- 3 scoops Bulk Nutrients Egg Protein or 1 x sachet Bulk Nutrients Quick Egg Breakfast
- 1 whole egg
- 80ml water
- Salt and pepper
- ½ avocado – sliced
- Handful Spinach
- 60g bacon – cooked with fat removed
- 45g cooked brown rice
- ½ serve homemade baked beans – recipe below
- 2 tablespoon ricotta
- 1 large wholemeal wrap
- Greek yogurt – to serve
- Pre-prepare bacon, rice, homemade beans and eggs.
- To make eggs: Whisk together egg protein powder, water and whole egg. Cook over a low heat until scrambled.
- To assemble: Place all fillings on burrito in an even line down the middle.
- Allow a few centimetres at each end.
- Fold in ends and roll up.
- Cut in half to eat immediately or take on the go.
Note: Season eggs after cooked not before or during. Adding salt to eggs beforehand will draw out the moisture and make them dry.
To make homemade baked beans:
Makes: 3 cups
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 450g beans (pinto or white)
- 2 brown onions
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- Heat coconut oil in a pot on the stove.
- Add in onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add vinegar and cook to reduce.
- Add in all other ingredients and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for approximately one hour or until reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Enjoy immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge for later.
Nutritional Information (Baked Beans only)
Per serve (158g)/ 100g
Energy: 363/230kj | Protein: 5.1/3.2g | Fat: 0.6/0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1/0.1g | Carbohydrates: 11.6/7.3g | Sugar: 5.7/3.6g | Sodium: 256/162mg
* Overall Burrito macros tailored to 3 scoops Bulk Nutrients Egg Protein.