Chocolate and mint... A match made in heaven!
Do you remember those good, old-fashioned Mint Patties?
Well, this week's recipe will send you on a trip down memory lane.
These Choc Mint Patties taste just like the original, only they're loaded with protein and contain far less sugar and carbohydrates.
Go on, indulge in an after dinner snack...
- 12g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Bulk Nutrients Micellar Casein in Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 2 drops peppermint essence – We used Young Living Essential Oils
- 1 tablespoon vanilla yogurt powder
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- To make the chocolate coating: Melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Coat a silicon patty case with one tablespoon of the mixture. Ensure the base and sides are coated to about 1/2 – 1cm in height. Set aside.
- To make the peppermint filling: Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl with one tablespoon of water. Add addition water in 1/2 tablespoon intervals until the mixture is a moist and workable consistency.
- Shape into disks, slightly smaller than the base of the silicon cases. Place disks on top of set chocolate base.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the top of the disks remelting if necessary.
- Allow to set in the fridge until set.
Per serve (30g)/per 100g
Energy (Kj): 663/2210 | Protein (g): 5.5/18.2 | Fat (g): 13.5/45 | Sat.Fat (g): 11.3/37.5 | Carbs (g): 3.6/12 | Sugar (g): 3/10 |Sodium (mg): 9/30