We’re celebrating being Aussie at Bulk HQ!
It’s Australia Day and so we’re celebrating being 100% Australian owned and operated.
What better way to celebrate being Australian than with one of our fellow Aussie classics - Vegemite.
This decadent Clean Treats recipe combines chocolate with caramel, peanut butter and a dash of salty Vegemite for the ultimate sweet savoury combo!
For the base:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC or Protein Matrix + in Chocolate
- 20 squares dark organic chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut pieces
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons Vegemite
For the caramel:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC or Protein Matrix + in Salted Caramel
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts – soaked and drained
- 2 tablespoons no added sugar maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the base: Melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
- In a bowl, stir all other ingredients, excluding Vegemite, into the chocolate/coconut oil mix.
- Line a square brownie tin and press mix into the tin evenly. To smooth the surface, run a warmed, damp spoon over it.
- Take the Vegemite and spread sparingly over the base chocolate layer. If you love Vegemite, feel free to add a little more, but it is not meant to be overpowering. You can also omit this step if Vegemite isn’t your thing.
- For the caramel: Drain the cashew nuts and place all other caramel ingredients to a processor. Blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Spread evenly over the chocolate/Vegemite layer.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of two hours. Then slice with a hot, sharp knife.
- Best stored in the fridge and consumed within 5 days.