The ultimate Easter clean treat!
Not only are these Easter Egg Cups delicious and nutritious they also look superb when plating up on Easter Sunday.
The nests are sweet and crispy and the addition of shredded coconut gives them a real indulgent taste.
You can choose to fill your cups with melted chocolate, raspberry chia jam or honey yoghurt mousse.
We also have three different protein ball recipes to alternate with for the ‘egg’ component of the nests.
However you choose, these Easter Cups are sure to be a hit at your Easter celebrations.
For the cups:
- 20g almond flakes
- 2 tablespoons Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Protein Matrix + or Thermowhey in Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil – melted
For the filling:
- 1 tablespoon raspberry chia seed jam *
- 30g melted chocolate
- 1 tablespoon honey yogurt mousse *
For the Protein Balls:
- Bulk Nutrients Quick Protein Ball Mix in Rocky Road
- 2 tablespoons raspberries mashed
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC or Thermowhey in Strawberry
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- To make Easter Egg Cups, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Divide evenly between 4 cupcake cases and press lightly. Place in the fridge to set. Now you can get started on your fillings and protein balls!
- Mix Rocky Road Protein Balls as per the packet directions. Roll into ‘mini’ protein balls so that they several can fit into cases. (You can make the rest normal sized and set aside to enjoy later!)
- Make Raspberry Coconut Protein Balls by combining all ingredients and stirring well.
- If too wet add more coconut flour, if too dry add more water! Roll into mini balls and roll through coconut.
- To assemble, dollop a scoop of honey yogurt into one cup, chocolate into another and raspberry chia jam into the remaining cup. Top these with a protein ball.
Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raspberries mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Dash of honey if desired
- Combine well all ingredients and set aside for a minimum of 20 minutes to thicken.
- Stir and once thick this can be used! This can be made in large batches and stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. Delicious on toast, banana and breakfast toppings!
Honey Yogurt Mouse
- Combine both ingredients well. If a little watery, just add a touch more Micellar Casein and if a tad dry add some more yogurt. (This is even delicious as a dessert on its own!)
*Nutritional information excludes the protein balls on top.