The ultimate fruity breakfast on-the-go!
At Bulk Nutrients we love creating tasty and protein-packed breakfast options with the help of our baking whiz Clean Treats.
And this week's recipe is no exception!
This Layered Breakfast Jar is the perfect brekkie treat to prepare the night before and pack for a busy morning.
For the smoothie base:
- 1 scoop Bulk Nutrients WPI in vanilla
- ½ banana
- 5 strawberries – frozen/thawed
- 10 raspberries – frozen/thawed
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt – we used Chobani
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 50g cashews – soaked and drained
For toasted muesli:
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese (1 tablespoon per jar)
- To make the muesli: Melt butter and honey together over a hot plate.
- Add Quick Protein Oats and whole oats to the butter mix and combine well.
- Cook, stirring until golden and covered. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Toast in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on it to prevent burning.
- To make the smoothie: Combine all ingredients in a processor or blender and process until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- In two jars layer smoothie base, cottage cheese and toasted muesli.
- Great served in a jar with a lid to take to work.