The perfect savoury snack!
Do you love traditional pizza scrolls? If you answered yes to this question then read on because we're about to knock your socks off.
These Clean Treats pizza scrolls are a healthier version of the former, incorporating wholemeal flour and fine powdered oats to bulk up the pastry.
We chose to add meat, but you can easily switch up the ingredients to make a vegetarian or even vegan scroll.
- 1 1/2 cups Bulk Nutrients Fine Powdered Oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water – add more if needed
- Meat or vegetables of choice – we used ham
- Base sauce – we used tomato paste
- Low fat cheese of choice (optional)
- Any other toppings you’d like
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the dough, place all ingredients in a bowl or in a processor with dough hooks and combine well. Dough should form a soft ball.
- Remove from processor or bowl and knead for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth and stretchy. Place back in a bowl, cover with a tea towel and place in a warm space for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and place on a floured bench top.
- Roll out to 1cm thickness in a rectangular shape.
- Place desired toppings on dough leaving a 1cm edge.
- Firmly roll the dough from the longer side.
- Slice into pieces 2 to 3cm wide.
- Place side by side on a baking tray. Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
*Note: Ensure none of the fillings are too wet as they will stop the dough from cooking through.