Protein-Packed Pizza Scrolls
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 16-20 scrollsPreparation time: 40 minutesCook time: 25 minutesTotal time: 65 minutes
To make the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups Bulk Nutrients Fine Powdered Oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water – add more if needed
To make the fillings:
- Meat or vegetables of choice – we used ham
- Base sauce – we used tomato paste
- Low fat cheese of choice (optional)
- Any other toppings you’d like
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the dough, place all ingredients in a bowl or in a processor with dough hooks and combine well. Dough should form a soft ball.
- Remove from processor or bowl and knead for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth and stretchy. Place back in a bowl, cover with a tea towel and place in a warm space for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and place on a floured bench top.
- Roll out to 1cm thickness in a rectangular shape.
- Place desired toppings on dough leaving a 1cm edge.
- Firmly roll the dough from the longer side.
- Slice into pieces 2 to 3cm wide.
- Place side by side on a baking tray. Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
*Note: Ensure none of the fillings is too wet as they will stop the dough from cooking through.