Need a bit more spice in your life?
Our Turmeric Spice bites are a little different, they're still packed with tasty Bulk Nutrients protein and healthy fats from nuts.
They are naturally sweetened with dried fruit and a little honey. But it's the addition of cinnamon, clove, ginger and turmeric make them one of a kind.
Plus we've discovered that the combination of spice and dried apricot is pretty amazing.
They are also free from dairy, lactose and gluten for those with allergies.
These delightful protein bites are the perfect snack for when you're feeling peckish and need a little something to get you through the day.
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 10 dried apricots (60g)
- 5 dried prunes (or dates) (40g)
- 2 Tbsp almond or peanut butter (25g)
- 1 ½ scoops (45g) Protein Matrix+ Vanilla *
- ¼ cup (35g) almond meal
- 1 Tbsp (20ml) honey
- Desiccated coconut for rolling
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- Soak the prunes and apricots in the boiling water for approximately 20 minutes to soften, or longer if you have time.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and process to combine.
- If you find your mix a little dry, add additional tsp of water at a time, if a little moist, add an extra Tbsp of protein powder at a time.
- Roll through coconut and store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
*For Lactose free balls use Protein Matrix + (it contains the active Lactase enzyme that allows for easier digestion and less discomfort)