It's our 12 Days of Christmas celebration!
Chocolate, coconuts and nuts... What a great Christmas combo!
Here's a recipe all of your friends and family will love, even those who follow a plant-based diet!
These decadent vegan bars are rich and crunchy on the outside and creamy and nutty on the inside.
For the coating:
300g vegan dark chocolate
4 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
For the coconut cashew layer:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients Earth Protein in Limited Edition Choc Coconut flavour
2 cups (110g) flaked coconut
1 cup (130g) roasted cashews
1 cup (140g) medjool dates
For the caramel layer:
1 can (400ml) coconut milk - full fat
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup no added sugar maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup roasted, chopped peanuts
- Line an 8x8inch brownie tin with baking paper.
- To make the coating: Melt half the vegan chocolate, and stir in half of the nut butter.
- Pour mixture into the base of the lined tin and place in the freezer to set.
- To make the coconut/cashew layer: Place coconut and cashews in a food processor and blend to form small chunks.
- Add the dates and Earth Protein and process until the texture can be formed into a ball.
- Press the coconut/cashew mixture into the brownie tin on top of the chocolate base and set aside.
- To make the caramel layer: Place the coconut milk, sugar and maple into a pot.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until caramel coloured.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding peanut pieces, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir well.
- Pour the caramel layer over the cashew/coconut layer and place in the fridge to set for one hour.
- To make the coating: Melt the remaining chocolate and stir in the remaining peanut butter.
- Pour over the set caramel layer and return to the fridge to set for one hour.
- Slice with a sharp, hot knife.
- Best stored in the fridge.
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!