Quick, delicious and super good looking
These Banana Pops are super inventive yet just as easy to make, everyone is bound to love them.
They are simply chilled bananas on paddle pop sticks that are dipped in a delectable chocolate protein glaze and covered with a topping of your choice such as shredded coconut or cacao nibs.
Banana Pops are a perfect ‘healthy’ treat for the kids or yourself and can be frozen and enjoyed as a banana ice cream on a hot summers day.
- 3 large bananas – chilled in the fridge
- 150g dark organic chocolate – melted with 2 Tbsp coconut oil *
- 2 scoops of Bulk Nutrients WPI **
- Paddle pop sticks or skewers
- Toppings of choice:
- shredded coconut
- crushed nuts
- almond meal
- toasted oats
- chopped goji berries
- cacao nibs
- the options here are endless!
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together. Whisk through your protein powder of choice.
- Peel and slice bananas in half. Push a skewer through the middle and set aside.
- Dip bananas into melted chocolate. Allow to stop dripping and sprinkle with your choice of topping. Place onto a lined tray. Repeat with remaining banana halves. Set in the fridge.
- Best enjoyed immediately.
* Note: you will not use all the chocolate. Set and use later or for another one of our recipes.
** You can use any protein flavour to ‘flavour’ your chocolate. Coffee works very well, as does choc honeycomb.