Here's a sneaky way to get in some extra veggies!
Introducing our delicious high protein Chocolate Beetroot Slice!
It's the perfect morning or afternoon snack to accompany your Whey Hot.
Best yet this decadent treat is vegan friendly and features a whopping 9g of protein per serve from our Earth Protein.
So if you have family or friends coming around this weekend, impress them with this quick and easy recipe.
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients Earth Protein in Chocolate
- 1 beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup cacao butter – melted
- 1/2 cup no added sugar maple syrup
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Line a standard 8 x 8 inch tin with baking paper.
- Grate the carrot and beetroot in a food processor.
- Add almonds and coconut and blend until well combined.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well.
- Stir by hand in necessary.
- Press mixture evenly in tin.
- Place in the fridge for approximately one hour before slicing with a hot, sharp knife.
- Add optional toppings. We used chocolate drizzle, coconut and blueberries.