A fragrant coconut and cashew curry.
Carbo-loaded and full of flavour, this vegan-friendly Creamy Coconut Curry is perfect served as a light meal on its own or bulked up with rice and grains.
The inclusion of lentils and chickpeas provide additional bulk which helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Best of all, this delicious curry takes under 30 minutes to prepare!
- 60g Bulk Nutrients Fine Powdered Oats or Raw (unflavoured) Pea Protein Isolate (PPI)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 clove of garlic – crushed
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- Spice blend – we used 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 stock cube with 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup lentil soup blend
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot. Add onion, garlic and cashew nuts. Stir until the mixture browns.
- Add spice blend and stir until fragrant
- Add the stock and lentil blend and simmer for 20 minutes to allow the lentils to cook.
- Add the coconut milk and Fine Powdered Oats or PPI and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Add chickpeas and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. The mixture may thicken during this time, add some addition water if necessary.
- Serve with rice, Greek yogurt and chili.