- 2-3 tablespoons butter - for cooking
- 6 springs of fresh thyme - stalks removed
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 stock cubes
- 750g mushrooms
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
Thyme and/or parsley
Bread of choice
- Bring a soup pot to a medium-high heat and add butter, thyme and garlic.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
- Add stock, stock cubes, and cream.
- Bring back up to a simmer.
- In a mug, mix cornflour with a small amount of water. Add in parts to thicken the soup to desired consistency.
- In a separate mug, dissolve HCP in a small amount of water. Add to the soup and mix well.
- Best served hot, with bread.
- Can be frozen. Best stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Per serve (400g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1470/360 | Protein (g): 7.4/1.8 | Fat (g): 33.3/8.2 | Saturated Fat (g): 21.2/5.2 | Carbohydrates (g): 5.4/1.3 | Sugar (g): 2.1/0.5 | Sodium (mg): 8790/2150