Chocolate Protein Balls spiked with refreshing Matcha Tea
Matcha is hot property on the foodie block! It has recently become a popular ingredient and flavour in recipes everywhere.
It has a distinctly fresh flavour and is rich in antioxidants. In fact, just one cup of matcha green tea has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of regular tea!
So, we've created the perfect matcha-inspired protein snack that is a healthier sweet choice, yet still super luscious.
Our Matcha Chocolate Protein Balls are easy and quick to make and will definitely have you reaching for more.
Serve after dinner with a cup of steaming matcha tea and unwind after the day.
- 2 Tbsp almond or hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup (45g) medjool dates
- 1/4 cup (45g) raw cashews or almonds
- 1 ½ Tbsp cocoa powder (15g)
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 3 tsp coconut flour
- 2 ½ scoops (75g) Bulk Nutrients Natural chocolate protein powder (WPI or WPC works well)
- ½ tsp maca powder
- 3 tsp green tea powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp organic dark melted chocolate
- Add dates and nuts to a food processor and blend well.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until combined.
- Roll into 25g balls.
- Store in the fridge and serve with a dusting of matcha powder.