Makes 12 slices
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix + in Chocolate flavour
- 4 weetbix - crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup brewed coffee - you can use instant, plunger or espresso
- 16 medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup organic butter or coconut oil - melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Brew coffee and pour over dates to help soften. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Place dates and some coffee liquid into a food processor and blend to form a paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well. If too dry add a dash of almond milk or water.
- Pour into lined tin and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until darker brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice into 12 equal sized pieces.
- Optional extra: Drizzle top with melted chocolate and extra shredded coconut.
- Best stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Per serve (1 slice)
Energy (kJ): 1263.6 | Protein (g): 6.6| Fat (g): 15.1| Carbohydrates (g): 37.9| Sugar (g): 22.6 | Sodium (mg): 74.2
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!