Here's a great way to spice up your weekend breakfast treat
We've got three easy ways to make heavenly French Toast. Beware, you'll want to try them all!
First is peanut butter and raspberry, which tastes much like a PB & J sandwich but when toasted is gooey and delectable.
Nutella and banana is our second way to make the French Toast. As you all would know Nutella is delicious consumed in any way, but when warmed and encased in crispy toast it's just totally mouthwatering.
Finally, we have the raspberry and banana. In this version, the heated raspberries resemble jam and the banana caramelises deliciously, make sure to top this one with maple for the whole sweet experience.
How ever you decide to have it we're sure you'll be wanting them again the next lazy Sunday you have.
For the toast:
- 6 slices of your choice of bread – we used gluten free raisin toast
- 4 scoops Bulk Nutrients Egg Protein Powder
- 120ml water
- 2 tablespoon flour of choice
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Coconut sugar for sprinkling
For the fillings:
- 1-2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana – sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- Pre-heat sandwich press.
- Whisk egg protein, water, flour, cinnamon, vanilla essence and milk together. Press one slice of bread into egg mix and place onto hot sandwich press or pan.
- Spread chosen toppings onto other slice of bread and press the uncoated side of bread into the egg mix.
- Carefully place, filling side down, onto your slice already on your press.
- If you have room on the press, continue with other filling at the same time. Otherwise complete one at a time.
- Cook until golden.
- Serve with maple or honey while hot!
Per serve / Per 100g – Each sandwich will use about 50ml batter mix
Peanut butter and raspberry filling: Energy (kj): 2660/1210 | P(g) 36.6/16.6 | F(g): 25.3/11.5 | Sat.Fat (g): 4.4/2 | C(g): 55.8/25.3 | Sugar(g): 6.9/3.1 | Sodium (mg): 575/261
Nutella and banana filling: Energy (kj): 2230/1060 | P(g) 29/13.4 | F(g): 12.6/5.8 | Sat.Fat (g): 3.5/1.6 | C(g): 72.6/33 | Sugar(g): 23.8/10.8 | Sodium (mg): 575/262
Banana and raspberry filling: Energy (kj): 1760/800 | P(g) 27.5/12.5 | F(g): 3.7/1.7 | Sat.Fat (g): 0.6/0.3 | C(g): 59.7/27.1 | Sugar(g): 9.8/4.5 | Sodium (mg): 565/257