Creamy Coconut Curry
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 4 servesPreparation time: 20 minutesCook time: 20 minutesTotal time: 40 minutes
- 60g Bulk Nutrients Fine Powdered Oats or Raw (unflavoured) Pea Protein Isolate (PPI)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 clove of garlic – crushed
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- Spice blend – we used 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 stock cube with 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup lentil soup blend
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot. Add onion, garlic and cashew nuts. Stir until the mixture browns.
- Add spice blend and stir until fragrant.
- Add the stock and lentil blend and simmer for 20 minutes to allow the lentils to cook.
- Add the coconut milk and Fine Powdered Oats or PPI and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Add chickpeas and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. The mixture may thicken during this time, add some addition water if necessary.
- Serve with rice, Greek yogurt and chilli.