Double Layer Mocha Cake
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 10Preparation time: 20 minutesCook time: 40 minutesTotal time: 60 minutes
For the base:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of zero/low calorie sweetener
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 40g coconut sugar
For the topping:
- 1 teaspoon of zero/low calorie sweetener
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
To make the base:
- Place all base ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour into a lined cake tin.
To make the second layer:
- Combine all ingredients to form a runny mix and pour over the base.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the cake tin and placing on a cooling rack.
- Serve with grated chocolate, raspberries or your choice of ice cream.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Offering high protein levels and unbeatable value, Bulk Nutrients' WPC is available in 12 great flavours and price breaks up to 20kg.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.