Moist Mocha and Weetbix Slice
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 12 slicesCalories: 308Difficulty Level: EasyPreparation time: 15 minutesCook time: 20 minutesTotal time: 35 minutes
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix+ in Chocolate flavour
- 4 weetbix - crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup brewed coffee - you can use instant, plunger or espresso
- 16 medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup organic butter or coconut oil - melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Brew coffee and pour over dates to help soften. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Place dates and some coffee liquid into a food processor and blend to form a paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well. If too dry add a dash of almond milk or water.
- Pour into lined tin and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until darker brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice into 12 equal sized pieces.
- Optional extra: Drizzle top with melted chocolate and extra shredded coconut.
- Best stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is ultra-high in protein and is certified as being sourced from grass fed cows.
Offering high protein levels and unbeatable value, Bulk Nutrients' WPC is available in 12 great flavours and price breaks up to 20kg.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.