Protein Pancakes with Nutty Caramel Sauce
Posted by Bulk Nutrients in Recipes
Makes: Serves 2Calories: 281Difficulty Level: ModeratePreparation time: 15 minutesCook time: 5 minutesTotal time: 20 minutes
For the pancakes:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla flavour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon oat flour (blended oats)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries - for topping
To make the pancakes:
- Soak chia seeds in 1 tablespoon of hot water for 5 minutes to create a chia gel.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine protein powder, coconut flour, oat flour, psyllium husk and baking powder.
- Add in the almond milk and chia gel and mix well until a batter forms.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook pancakes (2 tablespoons for one small pancake).
To make the sauce:
- Combine peanut butter, rice malt syrup and coconut oil in a small dish and heat for 10 seconds in a microwave.
- Serve pancakes topped with blueberries and sauce.
Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is ultra-high in protein and is certified as being sourced from grass fed cows.
Offering high protein levels and unbeatable value, Bulk Nutrients' WPC is available in 12 great flavours and price breaks up to 20kg.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.