Quick and Easy Beetroot Burgers
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 5-6 burgersPreparation time: 15 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 25 minutes
For the burgers:
- 1 scoop Bulk Nutrients Red Fusion
- 2 cans of black beans - Drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated beetroot
- 1 onion – Finely diced
- 1 garlic clove – Crushed
- 1 handful of fresh basil – Chopped
- Pinch of salt
For the fillings:
- 5-6 whole meal buns
- 5-6 cheese slices
- Red onion – Sliced
- 1 avocado – Sliced
- 1 tomato – Sliced
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Place all burger ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. Be careful not to overwork as this will make them too sloppy.
- Heat cooking oil in a fry pan on medium heat and place burgers in to cook until browned on each side.
- While the burgers are cooking, prepare the fillings and buns.
- Buns can be lightly browned under a grill or served fresh. We grilled ours.
- Once burgers are cooked, place on bun with the cheese slice on top so the cheese starts to melt.
- Pile your choice of toppings on in any order.
- Best enjoyed immediately and served with homemade chips or wedges and sauce of choice.