Peanut butter cups, step aside!
The new kids are in town, salted caramel and banana.
This is a scrumptious match of flavours that just works.
The simple combination of salted caramel protein, banana, sugar-free maple syrup and a little coconut oil is all it takes for the filling of these cups.
Next time you feel like indulging in a sweet why not try these rather than reaching for your favourite chocolate bar, they're a much healthier choice!
For the chocolate cups
- Silicon cups or alternative casings
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 150g dark organic sugar free chocolate
- ½ scoop (15g) Bulk Nutrients Chocolate WPI/WPC
For the filling
- 60g (½ a standard) banana
- 1 Tbsp no added sugar maple flavoured syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 scoop Bulk Nutrients Salted Caramel WPI/WPC
- Melt your chocolate ingredients together and spoon enough mix to spread up the sides of the silicon cups and the base. Place in the fridge for a few minutes while you make your filling.
- Mash your banana and add your other filling ingredients and stir together well.
- Remove cups from the fridge and spoon your mix into the chocolate cups. This is where the chocolate up the sides is important it will provide the ‘seal’ so the filling doesn’t ooze out! Just brush some more chocolate onto the sides before adding the filling if this is required.
- Remelt your chocolate mix if needed and carefully cover your filling mix with a layer of the protein chocolate again. Place in the fridge to set minimum 10 minutes (or freezer for a quick set) and enjoy!
- If you aren’t a huge sweet tooth we would recommend half a cup per serve. Slice with a sharp knife and store in the fridge. They even freeze well!