For the base:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla
- 200g almond meal
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 120g organic butter - room temperature
For the topping:
- 2 eggs
- 100g chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Pre-heat over to 160 degrees celsius.
- Line a 8 x 8 inch brownie tin with baking paper.
- To make the base: Place all base ingredients in a processor and pulse to combine.
- Pour into the brownie tin and press in firmly. Set aside.
- To make the topping: Place all topping ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the base.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from tin and chop into eight slices.
- Best stored in the fridge for up to five days.
Per serve (58g) / Per 100g
Energy (Kj): 1130/1940 | Protein (g): 7.8/13.4 | Fat (g): 21.2/36.6 | Saturated Fat (g): 7.7/13.3 | Carbohydrates (g): 10.4/18 | Sugar (g): 5.6/9.7 | Sodium (g): 38/66