This isn't an ordinary cookie!
In need of a weekend project, something to entertain the kids or are you just really really hungry?
Introducing our Ultimate Protein Cookie, a serious novelty cookie.
It's sweet, full of chocolate and chockers with protein. This is the cookie to end all cookies.
Although we do recommend you share this amongst friends, we won't stop you attempting it on your own. However, we'd be impressed if you could finish it on your own!
- 220g butter – we used Devondale ‘light one’
- ½ cup (90g) Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 1 small egg (44g)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 105g Bulk Nutrients Vanilla WPC
- 15g Bulk Nutrients Egg Protein Powder
- 30g Bulk Nutrients Micellar Casein Vanilla
- 40g (1/2c) oats
- 80g chocolate chopped – we used Well Naturally no sugar milk chocolate
- ½ Tbsp water
- 1 tsp Cocoa
- Pre heat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream your butter and Sweetvia to a pale and fluffy consistency. (Beat with beaters for 3-5 minutes scrapping the sides as you go)
- Add your egg and vanilla and continue to beat until combined. Turn off beaters.
- In another bowl sift your baking powder and three proteins.
- Add your butter mix, chopped chocolate, oats and fold well.
- Remove 130g of the mix and set aside.
- With remaining mix, place onto your baking tray and press down/shape into a cookie (ours took up the width of the tray).
- With the set aside mix, add your cocoa and water and combine well.
- Shape into 5 equal sized small disk cookies. Place on top of your large cookie.
- Place in the oven to start baking, after twenty minutes checking to ensure edges don’t burn and turn tray if needed, cook for about 30 more minutes. Note: If making small cookies they will only need about 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a tray to cool.
Note: We would recommend sharing this epic cookie.