Makes 3 rolls (about 18 pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sushi rice - cooked
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 nori sheets
- 1 carrot - finely sliced
- 1 small red capsicum - finely sliced
- 1 avocado - thinly sliced
- To prepare the sushi rice place in a rice cooker with water.
- When the rice is cooked stir through vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Allow the rice to cool.
- Whisk eggs and place in a frying pan to cook. Flip halfway.
- When the egg is cooked slice it into thin slices.
- Place one sheet of nori shiny side down. Take 1/3 of the rice and place on the nori. Spreed out evenly, ensuring compact and leave a 1-2cm gap at either end of the nori sheet.
- Place the carrot, capsicum, egg and avocado up the center of the rice.
- Lightly dampen each exposed end of the nori. This will help it to stick together when rolled.
- To roll, carefully start to fold/roll one end in, applying even pressure to keep the wrap tight but also to allow the mix to be folded in. A sushi roll mat may help with this.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the sushi.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
- Best enjoyed immediately or kept in the fridge for up to two days.
Per serve (215g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 2120/984 | Protein (g): 25.2/11.7 | Fat (g): 10.4/4.8 | Saturated Fat (g): 3.5/1.6 | Carbohydrates (g): 74.3/34.4 | Sugar (g): 8.9/4.1 | Sodium (mg): 482/223