The classic slice made healthier
Who doesn’t enjoy a good hedgehog slice? We’re yet to find someone who doesn’t!
This crunchy chocolatey slice is ideal with your morning tea or coffee.
Its free from refined sugars and has added WPI for a nice protein boost.
Try this one out in place of your regular recipe.
Yield: 12 slices
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients Chocolate WPI *
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 15g cacao butter – melted
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) coconut oil – melted
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g walnuts chopped
- 20g pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons (10g) shredded coconut
- *Additional desiccated coconut to roll
- Melt cacao butter, honey, vanilla and coconut oil all together.
- Place in a blender with the protein powder, cocoa, salt and blend until smooth.
- Roughly chop nuts and add to the chocolate mix with the shredded coconut. Stir through (you may need to used your hands).
- Roll out into a log.
- Roll the log through additional coconut.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up before slicing.