How about a rich and creamy protein cake?
We bet you can't guess the main source of protein in this cake?
If you guessed silken tofu, then pat yourself on the back!
This Double Choc Fudge Cake is loaded with protein from tofu and our signature Whey Hot.
It's a rich and creamy clean treat to surprise your family and friends with at special occasions.
For the base:
- 2 sachets of Bulk Nutrients Whey Hot in Chocolate or 2 sachets of Bulk Nutrients Protein Mousse in Choc Honeycomb or Rocky Road or 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Protein Matrix + or Thermowhey in Chocolate
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 30g nuts of choice – we used walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon no sugar added maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or organic butter
For the mousse:
- 300g silken tofu
- 200g dark organic chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the base: Line a medium cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil (or organic butter), milk and nut butter. Heat for 20 seconds to help with mixing.
- Add remaining base ingredients and mix to a firm dough.
- Press into lined cake tin.
- For the mousse: Melt chocolate and milk together.
- Place in a food processor with all remaining mousse ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the base.
- Place in the fridge to set for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Best consumed within 2-3 days and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.