For the cake:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Bulk Nutrients’ Sweetvia
- 2 1/3 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - melted
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup molasses
For the frosting:
- 100g white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius, and line a standard sized tin with baking paper.
- For the cake: Whisk the sweetener and coconut oil together.
- Add the eggs, water and molasses and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together both mixes and pour into the lined cake tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, checking after 30 minutes.
- Cake will be ready when a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- For the frosting: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave before adding the coconut milk and mixing well.
- Pour over cooled cake and spread to the edges, allowing it to drip down.
- Top with cinnamon or chocolate flakes.
- Cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
Per serve (125g) / Per 100g
Energy (Kj): 1320/1060 | Protein (g): 7.3/5.8 | Fat (g): 13.6/10.9 | Saturated Fat (g): 8.3/6.6 | Carbohydrates (g): 39/31.2 | Sugar (g): 14.7/11.7 | Sodium (mg): 39/31
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!