High Protein Pecan Pie
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 12 servesCalories: 359Difficulty Level: HardPreparation time: 20 minutesCook time: 40 minutesTotal time: 60 minutes
For the crust:
- 110g organic butter - chopped
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of zero/low calorie sweetener
- 250g raw pecans
- 1 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dates
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees and grease a pie dish.
To make the crust:
- Place the butter, flour, protein powder and salt in a bowl. Work together using fingertips - not palms (to prevent melting the butter). Bring together to a crumbly consistency.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to bring to a dough.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and roll to 1/2cm thickness.
- Press into greased pie tin, discarding overflowing edges and set aside.
To make the filling:
- Place all filling ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth.
- Scatter 3/4 of the pecans over the crust and then pour the date mix over the top.
- Scatter the remaining pecans over the top.
- Place pie in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until pie is golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Best served warm with cream or ice cream.
Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is ultra-high in protein and is certified as being sourced from grass fed cows.
Offering high protein levels and unbeatable value, Bulk Nutrients' WPC is available in 12 great flavours and price breaks up to 20kg.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.