West African Peanut Protein Soup
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 5x 300ml servesCalories: 188Preparation time: 10 minutesCook time: 25 minutesTotal time: 35 minutes
- 1 litre water/stock
- 1 salt reduced vegetable stock cube
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 100 grams collards – we used English spinach leaves and red beetroot leaf mix
- 50 grams salt reduced tomato paste
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 30 gram scoop of Bulk Nutrients Unflavoured Pea Protein*
- 30 gram scoop of Bulk Nutrients Unflavoured Rice Protein*
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chilli, chicken, lentils, beans etc
- Cooked brown rice, whole peanuts, chilli and spring onion for the topping
- *Just Pea or just Rice will also work well
- In a medium size pot, add stock cube, salt, garlic, ginger and onion to water/stock and bring to the boil for 20 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and peanut butter, stirring gently until combined.
- Add two scoops of protein powder and whisk until lump free.
- Add collards and any option ingredients, then cook for another two minutes then serve.
- Top with cooked brown ride, whole peanuts, chilli or spring onions to taste.
Made from 100% GMO free peas, Bulk Nutrients' Pea Protein offers a great plant based option for those after a dairy alternative.
Bulk Nutrients' 100% Organic Brown Rice protein offers a balanced spread of amino acids and goes easy on your digestive system.